Looking for a fun, free event to bring your family? Visit the Read Me a Story Exhibition!
Take some time away from the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping and have the opportunity to:
- Explore the themes and beautiful artwork based on folktales and fairy tales from around the world.
- Read through a selection of more than 1,200 picture books from 120 countries;
- Participate in some interactive activities with your children to encourage literacy skills;
- Learn about some of the common themes in stories passed down for generations from around the world.
Literacy and language skills have a profound impact on everyone in a family – for both children and parents.
According to numerous studies conducted around the world, literacy skills contribute to:
- Improved self-esteem and self-confidence;
- A strong sense of empowerment in young people;
- A stronger desire to make a difference and contribute to the community.
Studies have shown that strong literacy skills obtained in young children contribute to improved education, health and social outcomes in their lives over time. Reading for pleasure is among the most important indicators of future success in a child, and improvements in literacy, at any point of one’s life can have a profound effect on an individual.
Planning for your day at the Exhibition
The Read Me a Story Exhibition is held in the Exhibition Hall at the Roundhouse Community Centre, which is located on the former Expo site at the corner of Davie & Pacific. View Map and Get Directions
Walking: From Granville Street, head east five blocks down Davie.
Skytrain: The Yaletown – Roundhouse Canada Line Station is 200 metres from us.
Bus: Buses C21 & C23 stop within feet of the Roundhouse.
Driving: Underground pay parking is available, access off Drake (south of Pacific Blvd).
Monday to Friday
7am-6pm – $2/hour, no daily max
Monday to Sunday, Holidays
6-11pm – $3 flat rate
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
7am-6pm – $2/hour
$12 max per day
Parking rates may change from posted. Please check the EasyPark website.