Vancouver, BC, December 7 – Media are invited to attend the opening ceremony of the third international showing of the Read Me a Story Exhibition: a multicultural showcase of folktales and fairy tales from around the world.
Location: Roundhouse Community Centre Exhibition Hall
Date: Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Time: 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The exhibition features more than 20 “panorama picture books” – murals (2 metres tall by 2-3 metres wide) of original artwork that illustrate folktales and fairy tales created by an international group of artists.
- Families, children, and student groups will have an opportunity to read and explore 1,200 picture books from nearly every continent, written in several different languages.
- The Exhibition originally toured throughout Japan and had its first international showing in Toronto in 2002, and a subsequent Canadian showing in Edmonton in 2006. The exhibition makes its West Coast debut in Vancouver at the Roundhouse Community Centre.
- More than 100 volunteers have come together from across the Lower Mainland to support the Exhibition.
- Classroom groups can reserve to a limited number of exhibit tours. Details at readmeastory.ca.